After an unusually warm holiday season here in the Northeast, it’s safe to say that winter has officially hit. Not only is the average temperature below freezing, but the region is expecting some pretty harsh snowstorms in the weeks to come.
It doesn’t matter where you’re located, however, to benefit from the following marketing statistics, which can help guide and support your various goals and initiatives:
- 90 percent of customers trust peer recommendations verses traditional advertisements (Source: Erik Qualman’s “Social Media Revolution 2015”)
- B2B companies that blog generate 67 percent more leads per month than those that don’t (Source: Hubspot)
- Small business owners estimate that getting back an extra hour in their day from doing their own email marketing (among other activities) is worth $273/hour (Source: Constant Contact)
- 46 percent of marketers believe that video marketing is effective for improving brand awareness, lead generation and online engagement (Source: Hubspot)
- 96 percent of small businesses handle social media in-house, but nearly 20 percent wish they could outsource it (Source: Constant Contact)
- On average, B2C marketers get better results with Facebook; this year, 66 percent rated it effective—an increase from 58 percent last year (Source: CMI)
- LinkedIn is currently the No. 1 social media platform being used by B2B marketers (Source: CMI)
- Marketers rank email as the single most effective tactic for awareness, acquisition, conversion, and retention (Source: Gigaom Research)
- Over one-third of CMOs say that digital marketing will account for at least 75 percent of their spending within the next five years; 42 percent say that analytics skills will become a core competence in marketing (Source: AdWeek)
- Using marketing automation can increase conversion rates by over 50 percent (Source: The Aberdeen Group)
- Almost 50 percent of customers say that if they arrive on a business site that isn’t working well on mobile, they believe the business simply doesn’t care (Source: MarginMedia)
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line has been known to increase open rates by 19 percent and click-through rates by 65 percent (Source: Hubspot)
Looking for more marketing statistics? Be sure to check back on Mint Leaf Media’s blog!